General Interview Questions
Main content start
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would your peers describe you?
- What one characteristic/skills and qualities do you possess that would make you stand out from other candidates?
- What accomplishment are you most proud?
- In what way are you trying to improve yourself?
- What leadership skills do you/would you value in your supervisor?
- Why are you interested in this industry/occupation? Why are you interested in working for ABC company/organization? Tell me what know about ABC company/organization.
- How do you think your education prepared you for this job/work? How have your previous work/volunteer experiences prepared you for this position?
- What are your long-range career goals and how are you preparing to achieve them?
- What factors influenced your choice of major/study?
- Are you satisfied with your academic accomplishments?
- What was your favorite course(s), your least favorite?
- If you could re-live your college experience, what would you do differently?
- Please describe your most rewarding college experience.
- Describe a time you worked on a successful team project. What was your role? What was the outcome?
- Tell me about a mistake you made. What did you learn from it?
- Describe a frustrating experience you've encountered and tell me how you dealt with it.
- Tell me about a time you had to persuade a person or group.
- Can you think of a specific situation that reflects your ability to show initiative? Describe it.